Soil Delineations & Remediations
When Heating Oil from an Underground or Above Ground Storage Tank comes into contact with soil or groundwater; the State of New Jersey requires property owners to take immediate action; prompting the clean up process. Storage Tanks can rust and leak over time – producing an environmental hazard. The best course of action to clean up the contaminated soil is to remove the source and the contaminated soil around it.
- If a discharge has occurred regardless of the quantity it must be reported to the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP), and a case is opened on the home-owners behalf. Once the tank has been removed, Meridian Environmental will assess the extent of the contamination.
- Soils believed to be contaminated above the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection NJDEP clean-up criteria will be excavated and removed from the property. The contaminated soils will then be disposed of at a State approved recycling facility.
Groundwater Remediation & Dewatering Systems
When groundwater is found to be contaminated above the applicable New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) Groundwater Standards. The groundwater must be remediated to bring the contamination level back into New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) Groundwater Compliance.
- Meridian Environmental must delineate the extent of groundwater contamination through various testing prior to taking action.
- The Groundwater Clean up process can be attempted by but not limited to; installing pumps and treatment systems, implementing dewatering methods, perform injections, and/or in-situ.
Mold Assessment & Remediation
Meridian performs an in-depth property inspection for mold which includes air quality testing to check for any toxic, elevated, or unusual microbial growth. Mold can occur after water damage or water intrusion; roof leaks, pipe leaks, water getting into your home or basement, flooding etc.
- Investigate exact location of mold
- Conduct an Air quality testing throughout the home and areas of concern
- Remove and remediate the mold source through chemical treatment or physically removing the affected area.